In order to make it easier for my Readers to find postings and analysis explaining key defense issues, I have created this listing. The most important posts on top defense issues, ranging from sequestration to the Next Generation Bomber program, are listed here.
The Constitutional duty to provide for a strong defense, and what that means for conservatism. Also see here.
How big is China’s nuclear arsenal? (Updated 2014 version published here)
The Kristensen-Norris “report” on China’s nukes dissected and refuted, point by point.
How many submarines do China and Russia have?
The REAL size of China’s nuclear arsenal.
The coming decline and fall of America.
How many nuclear weapons does Russia have?
The utter failure of Obama’s “reset” policy.
Why Russia’s nuclear arsenal is the single largest threat to the US.
Evaluating the PAKFA.
Why it matters if Russia has more nuclear warheads.
THE US NUCLEAR ARSENAL
Top DOD leaders on the US nuclear deterrent’s importance.
Why the US nuclear arsenal must not be cut any further.
The utter and disastrous failure of arms control.
Why the Senate must reject the CTBT.
Why the ACA’s unilateral nuclear arms cuts would be utterly disastrous.
Rebuttal of the Ploughshares Fund’s lies about America’s nuclear weapons spending.
Why America must not cut its nuclear arsenal or SSBN fleet any further.
Why pro-disarmament groups’ cuts proposals must be rejected (i.e. why a large nuclear arsenal must be retained).
The consequences of deep nuclear arsenal cuts.
1. What is sequestration and why would it be detrimental – a FAQ
2. 6 reasons why sequestration should be repealed
3. A more elaborate explanation why it should be repealed
4. How Mitt Romney can and should use the issue of sequestration
5. How deep and disproportional sequestration would be for defense
6. Why sequestration would be disaster – in detail
7. The consequences of past defense cuts.
THE DEFENSE BUDGET
1. How big is the US defense budget in reality?
2. The Defense Budget 101 (or Defense Spending for Dummies)
3. How US routinely underestimates its enemies
4. How to determine the right amount for defense
THE FIRST-TIER DEFENSE CUTS MANDATED BY THE BCA
Why Sec. Panetta’s defense cuts are damaging.
What Congress and the DOD should cut instead.
THE BASICS FOR A CONSERVATIVE FOREIGN POLICY
10 basic principles for a conservative foreign policy.
1. Why the Super Bug is no substitute for the F-35 – a technical comparison.
2. Why Ben Freeman is wrong about the F-35B/C and wrong to tout the Super Bug.
3. Why the Super Bug is no substitute for the F-35 – part two.
THE NEXT GENERATION BOMBER PROGRAM
Why a Next Generation Bomber is necessary.
Why nonstealthy aircraft are unsurvivable, non-viable, and useless.
Follow up: case studies on the uselessness of nonstealthy aircraft.
Rebuttal of the smears about the F-22.
No, Typhoons did not beat F-22s in July 2012.
Why the F-22 is superior to all competitor aircraft.
DEFENSE REFORM PROPOSALS
The Defense Reform Proposals Package (DRPP), 25th ed. This is the most comprehensive, most detailed package of DOD reform proposals ever devised by anyone.
Proposals of DOD savings based on the DRPP.
ADVICE FOR THE GOP
What the GOP platform should say about defense issues.
How dumb Republicans threw away their foreign policy/defense issues advantage.